5 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Wedding Florist
Planning a wedding involves what seems like a million details. From the dress to the venue and the food, it can be difficult to know what to do each step of the way. One very important task when planning a wedding is choosing a florist. Your wedding florist will be responsible for making sure your bouquet, boutonnieres, and other floral decorations meet your expectations. However, choosing a florist isn’t always easy. Lucky for you, this article provides a few important questions you should ask when you’re choosing a florist for your wedding.
- How many weddings do you do each year? Asking this question will allow you to ensure the florist has the experience you’re looking for. Additionally, it will give you a good idea of how reputable they are and what kinds of weddings they have done in the past. You’ll want an experienced florist who will not only be able to guide you through the process of choosing flowers but will be able to effectively handle any issues that may arise.
- Can I see a portfolio of your previous work? Like most artists, florists should have photographs or live displays of the kind of arrangements they do. By looking at their portfolio, you will be able to get an idea of the florist’s style as well as the types of arrangements they are capable of doing. Because of this, you should be wary of a florist who doesn’t have any examples of their past work.
- Will you only be doing flowers for my wedding on that date? This question will provide information on a few things. First, you’ll know how personal their service will be on your wedding day. If they have multiple weddings, they may have to just drop off the flowers and move on to their next client. Second, you’ll know if they have enough staff to go around. If they have multiple weddings, they may not have enough staff to help set up your flowers. This is all important information to get so you don’t have any surprises on your big day.
- What can I get within my budget? This may seem obvious, but it’s important to know that the florist will take the job for the price you can afford. Additionally, this will allow you to ensure that they will be able to provide the quality of arrangements you’re looking for. Since there are an estimated 36,613 florists in the United States, it should be fairly easy to find one that will work within your budget. You should be open to ideas and alternatives, but you should also try your best to get what you want within your budget.
- Do you offer any additional services? Depending on how big the business is, florists sometimes offer additional services. These services can include fabric, candles, furniture, and other decorations. This may be beneficial to you because you can get a good portion of your decorations from one place instead of having to coordinate with multiple businesses.
A wedding florist should be experienced, reputable, and responsible. Flower arrangements may seem like they play a small role in your wedding, but that doesn’t make them any less important. Choosing a florist should be done with great care to ensure your wedding flowers are as perfect as the rest of the day.
Planning a Wedding?
Fill out the form to get a copy of our free “Wedding Planning Floral Checklist” and get started planning your wedding today!