The Drying Process
The preservation process can take several weeks. It all depends on what kind of flowers we are preserving. Once we receive your flowers, we photograph your bouquet from several angles. Then we completely disassemble the bouquet, rehydrate and pretreat each flower individually to help them hold their color and shape.
Once your flowers come out of our drying trays, we touch them up before treating each flower with a commercial grade sealant. The sealant will protect your flowers from shattering and fading.
|Fee for Drying||Discounted Fee if your flowers came from Essex Florist|
|Bouquet||$175||$100||Corsage & Boutonniere||$35||$25|
Creating Your One of a Kind Keepsake
While your flowers are in our drying trays, you will schedule a consultation with one of our design professionals. At that time, you will select your keepsake frame and decide how you want your flowers arranged in the frame. At this meeting, you will also bring any pictures, wedding program, or other items you want arranged in your frame.
With respect to framing for wedding bouquets, we cannot accept frames that are provided by anyone other than our vendors. For flower preservation to be successful, the environment the flowers are placed in is essential. The frames we work with are air tight, have Ultra Violet protection on the acrylic, and are made so that our professionals can easily work in them. We care about the quality of our work, and we want your flowers preservation to last a lifetime.
Wedding Bouquet Keepsake Gallery
Ready to preserve your special memories?
Call Us Today! 410-686-8842 to schedule your consultation.
How the Process Works
- For wedding bouquets, you will need to reserve your flower preservation PRIOR to your wedding. At the time you make your reservation, a $175 non-refundable deposit is required.
- After your wedding, PLEASE make sure you return your flowers to their original packaging and place them in your refrigerator. If your bouquet is a hand-tied bouquet, place the bouquet in a vase with ½” to 1″ of water.
- For weekend events, we need your bouquet no later than the Monday following your event. Bring your flowers to us straight from your refrigerator. Do not leave them in your car to run errands or to drop them off after work. We want the flowers to be in the best condition possible so you get the very best results.
- When your flowers arrive, we will inspect them to make sure they are in good condition and preservation is possible. How your flowers come to us is how they will be when preserved. If your flowers are bruised, they will dry that way. So be very careful with them!
- Once your flowers are preserved, you will come into the shop to see your flowers and design your one of a kind keepsake.
- All keepsake frames and boxes must be paid for in full before our designers will begin work on them.
[themify_button bgcolor=”light-blue” size=”large” link=”https://essexflorist.net/wedding-bouquet-preservation/#wedding-bouquet-preservation”] Wedding Bouquet Preservation[/themify_button]
[themify_button style=”btn-blue” bgcolor=”light-blue” size=”large” link=”https://essexflorist.net/flower-preservation/corsage-boutonniere-preservation/#corsage-gallery”]Corsage & Boutonniere Keepsakes[/themify_button]
[themify_button style=”btn-blue” bgcolor=”light-blue” size=”large” link=”https://essexflorist.net/flower-preservation/sympathy-flower-preservation/#sympathy-gallery”]Sympathy & Memorial Tributes[/themify_button]